Photos

The photos posted here are compressed by Google software. I am happy to provide high-resolution images - just let me know what you require at rowanglive@gmail.com. There is no cost.

Thursday 24 June 2010

Aaron Meets Emmilyn


Here is another picture taken at the Dorne and even I confess is a little different. The photo needs to be viewed as a large image but shows a reclining Aaron Twiss and a flexible Emmilyn Stevens. I took the photo because I saw Emmilyn parroting what the top athletes do as part of their stretching routine. It was only later when I looked at the photo that I saw Aaron’s expression which is what makes this image work, for me at least. On the Scottish website http://www.scottishathletics.org.nz/ Paul Rodway described Aaron as looking “sceptical”. Hamish’s mum described it as a “whatever” look, but my first impression was of a lingering glance of "disdain" toward what in another setting could have been a child ballerina. One day I might ask Aaron what he thinks of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment